Don’t miss your chance to own one of these unique pieces! Bid on these rain barrels at the upcoming silent auction on Saturday, April 15th at 1 p.m. Be sure to mark your calendars and join us for a fun and meaningful event!
Join the fun and bid on your favorite rain barrel.
A rain barrel is a container that collects water from roofs and downspouts for future household uses. They also help lower your water bills, particularly in summer months, by collecting thousands of gallons of free water per year.
5 Reasons to use a rain barrel
Benefits of a rain barrel
- It reduces storm water run- off. One inch of rain on 1000 sq foot roof produces 600 gallons of rain water.
- Collected rain water can be used to water lawns and gardens and saves you $
- Rain water is better for the plants – no chlorine or ammonias
- It’s sustainable and teaches conservations
- The rain barrels from the Mechanicsburg Earth Day Festival are so pretty – They make you happy!