Student artists from 5 local school districts painted our 2020 rain barrels.
A rain barrel is a container that collects water from roofs and downspouts for future household uses. They also help lower your water bills, particularly in summer months, by collecting thousands of gallons of free water per year.
5 Reasons to use a rain barrel
- It reduces storm water run- off. One inch of rain on 1000 sq foot roof produces 600 gallons of rain water.
- Collected rain water can be used to water lawns and gardens and saves you $
- Rain water is better for the plants – no chlorine or ammonias
- It’s sustainable and teaches conservations
- The rain barrels from the Mechanicsburg Earth Day Festival are so pretty – They make you happy!