Enjoy a variety of activities taking place at businesses and organizations around Downtown Mechanicsburg
9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Electronics Recycling Collection: e-End will provide electronics recycling of end-of-life equipment and perform 100% data destruction on media stored on your recycled electronics. Call 240-529-1010 for questions on items e-End accept. There is a fee to recycle CRT monitors – $10.00 each and CRT Televisions – $25.00 each payable in cash only. ” Held at First United Methodist Church
9:00 AM-3:00 PM
Earth Day Festival Bike Drive – MASD Operation Wildcat Project Bikes and Recycle Bicycle Harrisburg are once again teaming together for a joint Bike Drive at the Mechanicsburg Earth Day Festival. Bikes help kids stay healthy and active. Throughout the day, community members are invited to donate used bikes, which will then be repaired and given to local children who might not otherwise be able to afford a bike. Adult bikes will also be accepted and used to help disadvantaged adults acquire transportation to go to work.
10:00 AM until sold out-
Sons of American Legion will be hosting a Chicken BBQ at the Post (224 W Main) from 10:00 AM until sold out. Dinners are $8. The Auxiliary will also be having a bake sale.
The Mechanicsburg Museum will be offering crafts for kids using recyled items. Children may choose from several crafts to make and take home including planting a flower seed to care for at home and using readily available recyclables to create bookmarks, greeting cards and more. Museum will be open for craft making 10:00-1:00. Crafts are suitable for K through elementary grades. FREE
11:00AM to 1:00PM
Smokey Bear will be at the Earth Day Festival
ALL DAY EVENTS
- Be sure to visit Brittle Bark on Earth Day. They are offering a 10% discount from 10:00am to 3:00pm
- Green Cause is giving away Adirondack white pine seedlings
- RECYCLE BICYCLE – Bring your old bikes to be recycled. The bikes are fixed/made safe and returned to the community or they are stripped for parts and the metal recycled. The parts are used to repair bikes in the community. Sponsored by Mechanicsburg Borough
- Mechanicsburg Kids (Grace United Methodist Church, 216 South Market Street, Mechanicsburg)is hosting Children’s Activities.-Please see their site for details
- The Painted Rain Barrels auction ends at 1:00 PM on the town square
Moda Salon, 56 W Main Street. Aveda product promotion and the proceeds are used to clean up the Chesapeake Waterway. Raffle prize as also.
Not So Shabby, 226 E Main Street 20% off of all furniture
- Visit the Penn State Master Gardener Exhibit
- Simpson Seed Lending Library-Simpson Library is excited to be one of a few libraries across the United States to have a Seed Library.
Soolah Hoops will be offering Hula Hoop Demos throughout the day
The Homeschool Hub, 123 E Main Street, will have their Youth Council teaching how to make beads from recycled magazines.
Every Day is Earth Day at Not So Shabby! We offer recycled, repurposed, and upcycled vintage and antique goods for the home. This year, we are offering 20% off paintings and prints to all Earth Day customers. Stop by!
The Rosemary House is giving away a free booklet on herbal recipes, tips and lore to celebrate their 50th Anniversary
Sweet Remembrances Tea Room is serving whole food, plant friendly lunch options
- Create a Personalized Conservation Banner at the Yellow Breeches Watershed Association Booth